Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mama's got a brand new bag


Whale Tote

I purchased a plain tote bag from Wal Mart (about $2.50.) I then added some red rick rack through the top with a straight stitch. After choosing the fabric (from my MIL, very nice freebie) I ironed on some fusible webbing. Then, I ran it through my Cricut using the Life Is A Beach cartridge. Next, I ironed on the pieces to the bag. I also added some hand stitching with red thread and a red button for the eye. Lastly, with some of the leftover fabric, I trimmed a piece and attached to the handle.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Val!! I love doing stuff with those totes from walmart :) Thanks for becoming my second follower on my blog!! Love your stuff, looking forward to your future creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a great idea.

    Congratulations on your new DT position at Moments to Remember!!!! I'm really excited to work with you!

    ReplyDelete