Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Guest Designer at Decorate To Celebrate!


I am so excited to be the Guest Designer for the challenge blog Decorate to Celebrate!
The theme for this challenge is 'Birthday Party (for an adult)' and they accept any party decorations in the challenge. It continues until July 12th, so be sure to head over there.

So, I will tell you a little about my pie banner:) I always get pies for my birthday (it is in August so you can bet I will be getting another pie;)What better way to spruce up any sweets than a little banner! I used small sized bamboo skewers, and attached the banner with twine. To make the pennants, fold a 2 inch circle in half and apply glue after you have folded over the string.

Thank you to Decorate to Celebrate for letting me join you all in this challenge!

16 comments:

  1. Wooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!! CONGRATS on the GDT!! I loveeeeeeee that banner over the pie!! I am gonna have to try that out! Awesome idea!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love that banner! That pie looks delish, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and the pie looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a cuter(or more scrumptious!) pie, Val! Wow, I so want a piece of this! The banner is just the most adorable idea...I am going to have to start doing this on my pies! Love it! I'm so honored to be a DTC Guest Designer with you this week :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!! So much fun!! Great way to spruce up that pie!!!

    I am so pleased to be a DTC Guest designer along with you!!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. this really makes me hungry and I love the way you decorated it. how cute. thanks for being our guest designer at decorate to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great pie banner and great idea plus the pie looks so good!!!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet & adorable. Love your banner. :) Congrats on your guest spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! It seems pretty simple to do and adds such flair to your pie!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so cute! What a good idea. It's great to be a guest designer with you!


    http://julianaspapercrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm chocolate silk pie decorated with a beautiful pie banner....nope....doesn't get any better! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so yummy!!! and love the banner decoration, very creative! TFS! -Sam :-)

    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com
    SamanthaJDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pie banner! Makes the pie look all that more delicious! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea! Looks so yummy too!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great colors to add to a yummy pie!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete